Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
My Grandfather
Out of everybody in my family, I think that I respect my grandfather's approach to money the most, and this is the fundamental reason why: the man hates to purchase anything with credit. If he does put anything on credit, he is sure to pay it off before the end of the month so that he doesn't get zinged with an APR.

He is a small business owner, and his business does pretty well. Because of his relative success and keen financial savvy, the only large purchase that I ever remember him saying that he had to get credit for was the house that he and grandma currently live in. They have been there for thirty years, probably, and the value of that house has more that quintupled. Other than that, he pays for whatever vehicle he is buying with cash.

Now that's freedom.

As I sit here writing this, I find myself remiss for not remembering his example earlier on in my current struggle. Namely, I guess, before it became a struggle would have been a good time to remember it. :)

Ah well, I guess we live and we learn, and some of us insist on learning the hard way.
posted by shamedsteven @ 5:37 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com