Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
On Vacation
Even on vacation, there are opportunities to save money.

I am staying, as a guest, with my girlfriend and her family in Minnesota (AKA The Land of 10,000 Mosquitoes). Her parents purchased into a timeshare, and so they can trade their vacation time for other resorts through the same chain.

Now, even at a resort, all things are not free. A round of golf is apparently in the neighborhood of a hundred bucks a person, and a four hour fishing trip with use of their lines and hooks is about forty-five bucks. This came as news to me.

However, there are certain activities that you can do for free, or at least for a very minimal cost. For example, I have gone out with people and played tennis for a couple of hours for free. This has provided some very low cost entertainment as well as some exercise to boot, and when you are hefty like yours truly, any exercise is a good thing.

I understand that swimming and spending time in the hot tub are also gratis.

In any case, I say, look for a couple of more expensive activities and save your money for them, as opposed to getting nickel and dimed (bikes are twenty bucks a day to rent!) out of the vacation money that you have worked hard to save.

I know for myself that one of my big expensives is going to be salve for all of the bites that I have been getting, but that's another story.
posted by shamedsteven @ 11:57 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com