Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Friday, May 19, 2006
Something That Makes Me Happy
What is to follow is not sound financial advice as much as it just makes me happy.

I, like many people likely reading this, get three or four credit card applications in the mail per week. Now, as much as I like getting mail, this is kind of ridiculous.

So, what I decided to do is to remove anything on the application that would identify me, and then put the blank application plus whatever other random paper debris I have lying around (other card applications, old church newsletters, magazine subscription cards, etc) into the envelope. With this completed, I seal it up and mail it back to them, on their dime.

If they are going to spam me, by golly, I'm going to spam them. Plus, as the return envelopes always have postage paid (which they somehow neglect to do with the payment envelopes once you are approved), I enjoy decreasing their bottom line, if only by dimes and quarters.

I addition, I can only imagine what the person whose job it is to open the mail's face would look like.
posted by shamedsteven @ 10:47 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com