Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Blockbuster Online
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that Blockbuster Online is a particulatly economic way to entertain yourself. The least expensive plan is $9.99 a month plus tax. This plan only lets you have one movie at a time, but in addition to that, you get two free in-store rentals a month. With the two in-store rentals likely costing you seven or eight bucks, your net cost is still just two or three dollars a month.

In addition, I understand that they ship very quickly as well.

Now, some of you will argue that a book will provide better, long-term entertainment, and I would agree with you. However, if you buy books at anything like the rate that I have bought them at in the past, two or three bucks seems like a much cheaper way to go.

Others of you will argue that you would save ten bucks by not signing up with Blockbuster at all, and that is true as well. I spend a lot of time watching movies with my girlfriend, however, and so this plan sounds especially good to me, but it should be noted that you will only be saving money if you would have likely paid more for the same service anyway.

In addition, Blockbuster also has promotional codes that I found online. One of them is FRIENDS, which will supposedly get you your first month free. I don't know if it actually works, but I assume that it would. Why would the internet lie to me? :-)
posted by shamedsteven @ 5:08 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com