Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Cingular Wireless
I, like most people nowadays, have and use a cell phone. It is in fact, my primary phone because I got frustrated with how poorly Cox treated me as a land-line customer. I signed originally with Cingular because it is the company that my family uses, and, as such, I get free cell calls to them at any time.

Still, even with those free calls, my phone bill is just about sixty-three bucks a month, which is not quite outrageous, but it still seems a little steep.

Does anybody have any advice on saving money with cell phones (other than just not having one)? Are the other companies (T-Mobil, Verizon, etc) any better at keeping prices down? Are they any special tricks or secret hand-shakes that would help me to get a better rate?

Any advice is helpful as I will likely be re-signing soon.
posted by shamedsteven @ 4:51 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Kira said…

    Holy crap! I pay $60 a month for TWO lines. You should really be looking around for better deals. If you don't use it very often, a prepaid plan might make more sense. The thing to look for on those is how long the minutes take to expire. Usually, if you buy a large chunk of minutes (like 1000) at one time, they don't expire for 90 days.

    When is your contract up? Definitely shop around.. you shouldn't be paying more than $40 for a single line unless you have beaucoup minutes.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    Yeah, I'm looking to maybe get some kind of family plan with my girl friend in order to save some money. We'll see how that works out.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Nikki said…

    I'm a csr for Cingular, so there could be a few different things from the limited info I have. 1. You could be on an old rate plan that we no longer have and may be able to get a better one for less. or 2. You may have features on the account that you can drop to lower the bill. or 3. You may use features as pay per use such as text/instant messaging, internet etc that may lower your bill. I'd be happy to get more info on what you have right now to see what may be better for ya.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com