Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Thursday, June 29, 2006
The Economics of Not Doing the Right Thing
If you follow baseball at all, you have no doubt heard about Brett Myers and the Philadelphia Phillies. If you're not a baseball fan, I will give a brief synopsis of the situation.

Brett Myers was arrested last week for hitting his wife. Upon getting bailed out of jail, the Phillies allowed him to pitch his next game as he is probably the best pitcher that the team has. The team has received much scrutiny for their decision, and the team let Myers take a leave of absence.

I can only think that the reason that they let him play in the game is that professional sports is a huge business, and you make a lot more money if you do well. What they were apparently not thinking about was the fact that most people in this country don't like men who abuse their wives and don't like people who pretty obviously try to sweep a serious issue under the carpet in order to win a game.

I haven't heard about the fiscal impact for the team since they allowed him to play, but I will certainly keep my eyes open for the economic consequences. I can only imagine that ticket sales will suffer, but that is pure speculation.
posted by shamedsteven @ 12:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com