Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Freedom
What I notice that I think is funny about a lot of personal finance bloggers is that everybody seems so motivated towards doing things, and I must admit, that I often am guilty of the same thing. However, upon some reflection, I think the biggest reason that my goal is to pay everything down, is not so that I can have more or do more, but so that I do less.

Essentially, I sold my freedom by making poor monetary decisions. I became money's slave. Because of this, I work a job that pays the bills but kills my passions and my dreams a little bit more each and every day.

Now it might be that on other days, I want too much, but today I just want enough. I want enough to get by and support myself and my loved ones. I want money not to be the end result of my work (as it is now) but a means wherewith to accomplish the things that I love to do.

I want my freedom back, and I know that this is the attitude of the spoiled brat: to desire without work. But I know that I will have to work at this, and I know that by the end of this journey I will appreciate every dollar more than I ever could have before. Like the released prisoner who gets his first breath of fresh air outside of the prison, I want to breathe freely again.

And I will.
posted by shamedsteven @ 11:43 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Jane Dough said…

    Bravo! I sense a financial breakthrough has occurred!

    Getting yourself to a financial state where you have eliminated unsecured debt (credit card debt, student loans, etc.) and minimized as much as possible secured debt (car loans, mortgages) and finally reduced fixed monthly costs (lowered utility bills, transportation costs, etc.) means freedom.

    When you live beneath your means you give yourself options.

    Good luck with your ongoing financial battles!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com