Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
GOALS!!!
A fellow blogger has encouraged others to sit down and to think about what goals they have for their sites, and I took his challenge as an opportunity to consider how I'd like to shape this piece of how I see the world: my blog.

1) I would like to see my readership grow by ten percent a month. I will accomplish this through developing relationships with other bloggers as well as writing valuable content worth reading (that is part of the point, after all, right?)
2) I would like to see my Adsense revenue grow by twenty percent a month, which should be relatively easy to achieve, especially as I am making so little at it right now :-). I will accomplish this by sticking to primarily the same subject so that the ads will be what the readers are looking for.
3) I would like to develop as a writer, and while this is a much more subjective, and therefore immeasurable, goal, I am already seeing improvements.

Those are my top three. While there are certainly more, I will be spending the most time in the coming days to see these ones through.

While writing this, it occurs to me that writing takes an act of ego in that, by writing, you assume that what you have written ought to be read. Hopefully with the development of number 3, this will increasingly be the case with this site.
posted by shamedsteven @ 2:42 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Rick said…

    Good luck to you.

    I tend to think about it a being a bit arrogant to believe that what I have to say can influence others to change, but accomplishing anything takes the ability to say "I can do it."

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    That is very, very true. It is a humbling thing to think that what you say and write is being considered by people all over the world, and that others might change how they act based on what you have spoken.

    None of us blog in a vacuum, so to speak, though it sometimes feels that way. :)

    Thanks for the encouragement!

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Jarkko said…

    You already have two readers via feedburner, which is two more than I have.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com