Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Haiku Wednesdays
I have decided to add a new feature to this site: I will be writing a new haiku every Wednesday that has something to do with personal finance.

For that one person sitting in the back of the room who doesn't know what a haiku is, it is a Japanese form of poetry that does not focus on rhyme, but rather on a specific number of syllables. The first line has five syllables, the second has seven syllables, and the third has five again.

When I first learned about these in grade school, the teacher had us write one for homework. Unfortunately, I thought that each line had to be just one word! I had a very difficult time coming up with five and seven letter words to make my poem out of.

Anyways, here is today's installment, which has to do with HSBC's decision to offer free gift cards to Best Buy as part of a sign-on bonus for new accounts.

Oh, HSBC,
You don't have to give money,
A gift card will do!

It seems to me that the average person would be more enticed by free cash, like they have done over at ING Direct, but perhaps they are making money hand over fist from Best Buy for the cross promotion. I'll have to keep an eye on this to see if people are signing up.
posted by shamedsteven @ 1:30 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com