Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Friday, June 09, 2006
Last Night
In an effort to speak about things that will hopefully have an impact on my career, I will write about what I did last night.

Was it illegal? Did it involve cloak and dagger? Was an Osborne involved?

The answer to all of the above is no.

As I have stated previously, I am planning on a career in the performing arts, either by singing or acting or some combination of the two. Unfortunately, the arts are not necessarily the best way to make money, especially for those of us just starting out. It is because of this that I currently have a solid job making solid money so that I can solidify my financial position (solidly :-) ). However, I believe that I took a step last night that will, if nothing else, look good on a resume.

I was able to sing the National Anthem at a professional baseball game.

Now, some of you will of course ask, "Did you get to sing for the San Diego Padres, who are arguably the best team in professional sports?" Sadly, the answer to that question would be no.

There are, apparently, other professional baseball leagues which are kind of on par with AAA (minor league) baseball teams. I got to sing for one of their games.

While this did not pay anything (other than free seats, which I'm sure a Mastercard commercial would call priceless), I am confident that having this on my resume will perhaps provide future work. I anticipate that it will go something like this:

Me: I sang the National Anthem at a kind of professional baseball game.
Prospective Employer: I would like to bear your children.
Me: Sir, I think that that's inappropriate.
Prospective Employer: You're fired!
Me: You never think about my feelings!

And then I'll have some kind of sexual harassment lawsuit that I can milk for millions of dollars so that I can continue to sing and act for free.

It's genius. Why didn't I think of that before?

But seriously, it was a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to when I get to do it again later this month.
posted by shamedsteven @ 2:54 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com