Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Parking
Normally, I get to drive into work with my girlfriend, which is terrific because we split the cost of the parking garage, and our employer subsidizes what we spend.

However, sometimes, due to different commitments in the evenings (rehearsals, etc.), we have to drive separately, and usually I will volunteer to just go find parking elsewhere. There are times when I can find free parking on the street, but generally, I am forced to park in a lot.

Tangent: Man, if I ever get a good deal of money together, I'd buy a parking lot. Talk about value versus amount of work done! Tangent end.

My Mecca of parking is the six dollar lot. I love it. Six dollars to park all day? That's really not that bad, especially if you only do it once or twice a month. Unfortunately, that lot (understandably) fills up rather quickly, leaving me to search out the Sodom and Gomorra of parking lots: the eight to twelve dollar lots.

Yikes! Just the sound of it feels like a shiv entering my back.

About the only plus sign to any of these lots is the fact that some will take card: credit or debit. It is awesome to not have to worry about having cash when you are furiously strung out on caffeine, hoping to get to work on time. On the minus side, it's really easy to forget, especially if you pay with card, that parking for one day cost you just about a half-hour's wages.

Ouch! Just kick me in the junk, too, and call me Susan, why don't you!
posted by shamedsteven @ 5:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com