Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
When?
At what point does a job cease being a job and start being a career?

For a lucky few, a career is what you actually went to school for, and it is the place where your passion lies. For some, you get a job where you start making a little better money than you are used to, and you eventually get stuck there for thirty years. And I would even imagine that there are some who tell themselves that they just have a day job to support them while they get their careers on track, but who never manage to quit the day job and never manage to get their careers going.

I gotta tell you guys that the last two of those scare me quite a bit. Oftentimes I get caught up in the, "I've got to pay off the credit cards, I've got to eliminate my debt, I've got to make money" mindset, that I forget about what is truly important to me.

Oftentimes work feels like a circle of Dante's inferno: I work and work and work and feel that I never accomplish anything worthwhile.

It is not that I am averse to work, it is simply that (and I know that this is subjective and a very special after school special sentiment) I want to feel that I have accomplished something with my life.

As someone much smarter than I am said, "What good is it to gain the whole world, and lose your own soul?"

I will be outlining my plan to get myself on track in subsequent posts. There has to be a better way.
posted by shamedsteven @ 10:59 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    oh how i feel your pain...

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    Yeah, I get that you are in a similar boat based on what you post about.

    It is good to know that there is someone out there who understands.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com