Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Friday, July 21, 2006
Acting Payday
I received my first payment for acting the other day. One of the shows that I am in now pays their actors, and just recently received the check. I rushed and made a photocopy of it, and I intend to frame it.

While it barely covers gas costs (the theatre is on the other side of the metropolis that I live in), I am extremely glad to receive the couple hundred dollars they agreed to pay me. This money will be useful in paying my higher rent with the move.

But, with the pay being so low versus the amount of time expended, none of the actors are really doing it for the money. I know that for myself, even this token of payment makes me feel like I am taking a step in the right direction with my career, even if it is a baby one. This payment is symbolic for me as a step in the right direction, and it encourages to keep following my dreams.

I know that sounds cheesy, but, hey, we've all got to start somewhere, right?
posted by shamedsteven @ 11:12 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Millionaire Artist said…

    Hey man - congrats on the first paycheck! No matter what, keeping those dreams working is the most satisfying. Good luck with your debt repayment, I can relate!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com