Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Boomerang Generation?
There is a new post in the Wikipedia which states that those of us born between 1981 and 1986 are being called the Boomerang Generation due to our proclivity towards moving home after we graduate from college.

As I'm sure many of us are feeling, this is due to the fact that the wages that we are being offered as a starting point for our careers are not large enough to pay off the debt that we have accumulated, in addition to a variety of other factors.

Penny Foolish posted about a similar topic today, except that hers was about a specific guest on Suze Orman's show.

If we are all as hard off as the article suggests, this begs many questions. How will we save for retirement if we are living paycheck to paycheck now? Without savings, will social security be enough? What changes can we affect in our lifestyles now to provide for our futures?

Unfortunately, if you're reading this, you likely have a personal finance blog of your own, which means that you are already thinking about these things, and you likely have a plan of your own. However, I would have to imagine that most of the population is without a plan, which will leave us, as a society, poorer and poorer.

I had heard that a lot of people in my age group move home after college. Heck, even a couple of my buddies from high school have done that; however, it is kind of sobering that people are starting to title our generation specifically in accordance to that aspect of our lifestyle. It makes me want to be a better person.
posted by shamedsteven @ 11:58 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com