Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Thursday, August 31, 2006
A Callback
As those of you who read this site regularly already know, I want a career in the performing arts. My goal is not to be especially rich or famous, but just to be able to support myself and my family doing what I love to do. With that in mind, let's look at the following.

I auditioned for a professional theatre company earlier this last week, and I received a call today letting me know that they'd like me to come back in for a call back. This is very exciting because A) It makes me feel like this career is a viable option,
B) I think that this really means that I have shot at getting into this show, and
C) A local graduate school that I want to get into works in conjunction with this theatre, so, should I get in, this would be an effective foot in the door over there.

However, because it's a professional theatre, they, like normal people, have their rehearsals during the day. This will, obviously, be very difficult in conjunction with my normal day job.

I'm hoping that my boss will let me do both so long as I can get the requisite number of hours at my desk job, but I don't know if he will as the schedules will conflict dramatically.

If I could work both, that would be very beneficial for me in a finding freedom sense of the word as the theatre would be paying me comparably to what I'm making at my day job. However, the prospect of essentially two full time jobs is a bit daunting. Also, should I end up leaving my day job to pursue this, I won't have any job come January, and when you don't have any money, it becomes very difficult to pay off debt.

Obviously I'm getting a little ahead of myself because I might not even get into the show, but I'm trying to think about and weigh my options thoroughly before I have to make them. Thinking about the options really makes me appreciate the opportunity and gravity of the situation.

Any advice from any of you out there in the internet?
posted by shamedsteven @ 4:54 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger udandi said…

    Congrats and good luck!

    It's smart not to get too ahead of yourself, but at the same time you need to be prepared in case it moves quickly and they want an answer!

    Keep us posted!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    Thanks for the encouragement! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com