Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Friday, August 25, 2006
Deposit Check
Let me first state that I am very grateful that I had old carpet at my old apartment. Because of this, I didn't get charged for its very necessary replacement, and so I got a check in the mail for a couple of hundred bones.

I didn't receive the full deposit back, but given the fact that my roommates had burned holes in the carpet, I am very thankful and grateful to receive any at all.

I'm surprised that they can keep as much of the deposit as they do, though. It seems like they would have taken carpet cleaning out of the deposit had they had to just clean it, which seems kind of crooked. When I left the deposit, I believed that as long as I didn't destroy the place, that I would get most of it back.

I suppose that that is true, if by most you mean less than half. But, I suppose landlords have to make money too...
posted by shamedsteven @ 2:06 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Tom said…

    In Illinois, I believe the landlord has to show receipts for any items which s/he retains your security deposit for.

    I would at least ask...

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    She did provide receipts, which I looked through. It just seems like the system where, even if I had cleaned my carpet so that it was spotless, the landlord likely would have paid to have the carpet cleaned with a part of my deposit money.

    But, I am happy to have received anything due to some very poor choices by my former roommates.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com