Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
The Power of a Deposit
For those of you who are still living with roommates, let me encourage you to do something.

If you are like me, if one roommate moves out, you will oftentimes just look for a new roommate because it's easier to get someone new to move in as opposed to having to move all of your own stuff.

However, when you do have the new person move in, work out a system whereby the new person has to pay some of the deposit. Whether the new roommate pays you or works something out with the landlord is inconsequential; the important things is that he or she pays money for a deposit to live there.

I did not do this. Because I did not make them pay, neither of my roommates cleaned a dang thing as they were gathering and taking their belongings elsewhere.

Believe me, you don't want to be scrubbing the floor with the smell of Pine-Sol in burning your nose hairs at two o'clock in the morning when you have to be at work that very day, wishing that you had some recourse against your roommates who were either sleeping elsewhere or SLEEPING AT THE SAME APARTMENT YOU WERE OBVIOUSLY STAYING UP LATE TO CLEAN.

Ahem. I apologize for that. I'm just a little ticked, mostly at my own stupidity, although I am slightly ticked at what passes for being a reasonable, responsible person nowadays.

Oh well. At least I've got my health, right? And maybe some deposit money? :-)
posted by shamedsteven @ 11:49 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger freedumb said…

    I take it the roomies are not friends? Hearing stuff like this makes me NOT miss having roommates...Although, I've met some good folks too...

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    Actually, they are friends. They're moving somewhere else together, and they are looking to get a third roommate as well.

    They're not bad folks, I just think they didn't respond to this situation as well as they could have.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com