Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Monday, August 21, 2006
A Question About Work Issues
Over at the Dilbert Blog today, Scott Adams posted about how he finds that he gets the most work done, and the little ways that he gets distracted.

"Another 10 percent of my work day is allocated to thwarting my cat's anti-productivity crusade. She hates it when I do work, under the universal cat theory that any time spent not petting her is time wasted. As soon as I pick up a drawing implement she systematically goes around my office chewing and scratching one item after another until she finds something that will make me stop work and pet her."

This got me to thinking about how I find that I get the most work done. At my job, if I'm listening to my ipod I find that I can get a lot of the easy tasks done rather quickly. However, as the tasks become more difficult, I find that I need to either turn the volume way down or else turn off the glorified mp3 player entirely.

With most of my job being relatively easy, I find that having the headphones is a great way to drown out the various office noises that might otherwise distract me from producitivity.

How about you, gentle readers? How do you find that you work the best? Do you like it noisy, or would you prefer it to be as quiet and serene as a Catholic church?
posted by shamedsteven @ 2:35 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger freedumb said…

    Serene! If I'm focused on one thing, then maybe some music, but for the most part, my mind is everywhere...so quiet is my choice.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    Yeah, if the work is more difficult, or I find myself trying to be creative, than serene is my choice as well.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com