Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Thursday, August 17, 2006
What Would You Do?
Each morning, part of my trek to work includes an elevator ride. This morning, as I stepped into the carriage, I realized that the CEO of our company was standing there. He seems like a pretty nice guy, and, as if to maintain his easy-going image, the man was not wearing a tie.

For one of the first times in my life, I was star-struck; well, I was at least CEO-struck. It immediately occurred to me that I should say something. However, I could neither think of anything important enough that I would talk to him about nor anything that he would expect from me.

As the elevator got to my floor, I briskly walked off, having said nothing to the most powerful man at my company.

It occurs to me now that a simple, "Good morning!" would have been appropriate, but, for whatever reason, my mind couldn't formulate that expression this morning.

However, even if I could have come up with something, should I have said anything at all? If I should have said anything other than the above, what should that have been?

I just don't know.
posted by shamedsteven @ 11:03 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Tired of being broke said…

    You are right a good morning, how are you would be ok.
    There is always next time.

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Anonymous freedumb said…

    Hmm, Crack a joke? :) JK...it really depends, good morning, how are you would be fine...But I think I would've recognized him and mentioned my name, position and it's a pleasure to meet you...and walk off. And if time permits, a "how are you doing?"

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    Yeah, I wish that I would have said something.

    While there may be a next time, I've worked here for over a year, and I've never seen the man in the elevator. For all I knew, angels transported him to his office on the top floor.

    It's just funny to me. I do theatre, and I want to be an actor, but I was too afraid to say anything to the man.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger udandi said…

    in this case an "elevator speech" would have been very useful!

    I agree with freedumb that you could have introduced yourself and mentioned your position.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger freedumb said…

    next time you'll be ready!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com