Finding Freedom

How quickly can a fool find his money again?

I currently have a whole bunch of debt. Hmm...I wonder how much I could get for my kidneys?
You can email me at steven.jericho@gmail.com
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Gambling at the Office
On Monday, one of the personal assistants to one of the big bosses was going around asking for money for an exercise contest that we are apparently having here at the office.

The contest is simple: the person who loses the most percentage of weight in a month wins, and by wins, I not only mean that that person will likely have a longer and more enjoyable life, that person also wins the money that had been collected.

Little do the folks know that they have combined not only my love winning money but also my love of potentially weighing less than a Humvee.

The pot is nearly five hundred bucks. Easy money.
posted by shamedsteven @ 1:21 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger GolbGuru said…

    Thats interesting :)
    Somehow I feel this is how money has ruled our lives...to live a happy and longer life we need a financial motivation.
    I can almost bet on the fact that the contest won't work without the $500 pot.:)

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger shamedsteven said…

    We have had smaller weight loss contests with prizes, but nobody really lost too much weight. I am intrigued to see how and if it will be different this time around.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Captain K said…

    That was funny about gambling at the office. So, who won or did everyone one win by having fewer health problems; normally associated with being over weight.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Steven shamedsteven
Home: San Diego
About Me: Well, boys and girls, I, like a whole bunch of other people, made a series of "conscious, deliberate mistakes" and have ended up with a buttload of debt. What is chronicled here are some musings about the journey out.
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Personal Finance Sites
Under 30 Honor Roll
Other Sites I Like
Other Sites

Free Blogger Templates
Directory of Education/Research Blogs
View My Stats
BLOGGER

© Finding Freedom proudly powered by Blogger. Template Design by isnaini dot com